Welcome to the 2015-2016 school year. My name is Laura P. Montgomery and I am the In School Detention Teacher at Okmulgee High School. I enjoy working with children. I would love each child to be all that he or she can be.
ISD stands for In School Detention and consists of assignment to a controlled classroom with strict rules and a structured schedule. ISD is an option, which is used when it is necessary to remove a student from the regular classroom setting, but when it is not seen as absolutely necessary to suspend the student from school. The following rules in addition to all school rules, apply to ISD:
- ISD will begin at 8:15am and end at 3:15pm (Monday, Tuesday, Friday); 8:10am and end at 3:15pm (Wednesday and Thursday). Students must report on time. Failure to do so will result in (1) make-up day Assigned.
- No food or drinks in ISD.
- No talking.
- Remain seated unless given permission to leave seat.
- No IPODs, cell phones, music players or other electronic devices are allowed in ISD.
- No sleeping.
- Do not leave ISD without permission from the ISD instructor, including the ISD classroom or other areas visited by the ISD supervisor and students as a group.
- Do all assigned work. Students will be responsible for finishing all assignments assigned for any day they are assigned to serve in ISD.
- Students assigned to ISD are to follow all school rules from the OHS handbook that apply in the classroom or other areas of School, even if not specifically stated above.
- Students who violate rules while assigned to ISD will receive a referral to an administrator for further disciplinary action, to be assigned at the administrator's discretion.
- Students will not receive full credit for any day they have to leave during ISD, whether due to becoming ill or for other valid reasons. Student who fail to complete time assigned due to leaving early will return back to ISD upon arrival, and complete their required time in ISD as determine by an administrator.
- Students suspended from ISD must complete the days assigned to ISD upon returning to school, prior to returning to the regular classroom.
- Students assigned to ISD wiil NOT be allowed to participate in extracurricular activities until they have retuned to attend class in the regular classroom. (This includes all practices as well.)